My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me – Henry Ford
This past weekend, my best friend spent the weekend with me. She was in town for business so it was a great opportunity to catch up regardless of how busy my schedule was.
Lots of hilarity and silliness ensued. Highlights were:
• Listened to a four year old boy do a low key belch while we were paying the bill for an awesome lunch. Christ, the belch lasted at least ten seconds. Nobody heard it except for us and maybe the kid’s mom and his little sister. We were laughing so hard we were crying. Swear to god.
• Visited one of the major tourist spots in the city and made our first selfie of the two of us. Twelve years of being besties and we finally have a picture of the two of us together. What the fuck. We were way overdue.
• Visited the city zoo and park. We didn’t visit the zoo but the trampled around the English garden, looked at the memory stones and watched a woodpecker bang away at a tree. That bugger has a hard head. Ouch. The memory stones were sweet and sentimental. A couple were pretty funny. Someone was referred to as a ‘good pig’ on one of the stones. What??? Not quite sure if the person was referring to an actual pig or a person.
• Visited mutual friends and proceeded to have a highly inappropriate conversation. Hilarity ensued again. By the way, did you know that having a pineapple somewhere in your home signifies you are a swinger? I did not know that either. Anything pineapple, seriously. Pineapple on a t-shirt. Ceramic pineapple. Whatever. I don’t even know if I just gave away the secret, but there you go.
• Discovered that saying ‘Bork, bork, bork’ really fast is really fucking funny. We’re just dorks. Plain and simple. We wanted to find a couple of helium balloons, inhale the gas and say ‘bork, bork, bork.’ No such luck.
• Aside from the hilarity, we snarked and bitched about Brett Kavanaugh and the shit show that is the Supreme Court Justice nomination proceedings. I won’t get into it further at the moment. Too infuriating.
When it’s all said and done, I loved having my bestie around for the weekend. She’s one of the handful of people who can bring out the best in me. What I mean by best is she makes it easy for me to be me. She accepts me for me. She loves me for me. Unconditionally. I feel exactly the same way about her.
She is the living and breathing definition of a best friend. I couldn’t have asked for a better person.